[Zope] Problem with DCOracle interface for Python

Slim_Bouzguenda@amsinc.com Slim_Bouzguenda@amsinc.com
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 13:33:10 -0700

To who it may concern:

I am having a problem when I try to run a python application on a Sun server:
it crashes when it interfaces with the oracle database.  The error message that
I got after debugging is the following:
/usr/local/lib/python1.5/DCOracle/ociCurs.py(269)execute( )

Here are the versions of the program, file, and the Oracle server that I am
using:
- python  version 1.5
- ociCurs  version 1.8
- Oracle8.1.6 server

Note: I tried to run the same python application to do the same task in HP
server, and I did NOT have any problem; the interface with the database went
fine, and the application rans smoothly.

I am not sure why it did crash on the Sun server, but it did not on HP server.
The versions of the file, programs, and the Oracle server are the same for both
HP and Sun.

It would be great if someone could give me some suggestions or hints to solve
the problem.  I would appreciate that.  I can be reached at (303) 215-7872 or by
e-mail.

Best regards,

Slim Bouzguenda
E-mail: Slim_Bouzguenda@ams.com