[Zope] PythonScripts and ExternalMethods

jpenny@universal-fasteners.com jpenny@universal-fasteners.com
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 15:46:12 -0500

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 03:27:23PM -0500, Evan Simpson wrote:
> From: Chris Gray <cpgray@library.uwaterloo.ca>
> > I notice that the CVS tree for Zope2 has incorporated
> (internal)
> > PythonScripts and gotten rid of (external) PythonScripts.
> This leaves the
> > old ExternalMethods but without the Bindings tab.  Will
> External Methods
> > eventually include this and present a form for passing
> argument values
> > when the TryIt tab is used?
>
> Jim and I expect to make External Methods obsolete, rather
> than upgrading them.  In the near future, you will be able
> to get most of the functionality of External Methods from
> Python Scripts' import capability.  In the longer term, we
> expect Zope 3 to completely change the way you write Zope
> code.

Would you please clarify this.

Are you talking about how the interaction between Zope and
the programmer is performed?  Are you talking about API?
Or what?

In particular, are you talking about killing DTML?  This would
be very worrisome, as I have enough code that I would not like
to rewrite it all in the near future>.

Jim