[Zope] FTP in HTML-Kit? (Or other editor on MS-Windows)

Jeff Peterson jpeterso@the-bridge.net
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 16:43:17 -0600

Homesite is NOT shareware, it is a licensed product from Allaire.  There is
a 30 day trial available which you are obviously referring to.  While I
agree that Homesite 4.5.1 is great, I personally cannot use it even though I
paid for the license.  It has a terrible memory leak which forces you to
reboot often, and slows me down considerably.  If the folks at Allaire would
address the memory leak I may return but not until then.  In the mean time,
I have found that Html-Kit while maybe not quite as nice as Home site from a
UI perspective, is close to if not equal to it in function.  In addition, it
is free, and extensible as well.   Finally, in the latest release it allows
browsing of folders, download from as well as upload of edited files to the
remote host...very nice...did I mention free?

Just my $.02,

|       Jeffrey D. Peterson   ---   Webmaster         |
|    Range Broadband Services  ---  218-262-0050	|