[Zope] Disabling Services

Ivan Cornell ivan.cornell@framestore.co.uk
Wed, 06 Dec 2000 15:32:28 +0000

Chris Withers wrote:

> When Zope starts up, I see it starts the following:
>
> ZServer Medusa (V1.16.4.3)
> ZServer FTP server
> ZServer PCGI Server
> ZServer Monitor Server (V1.8.4.1)
>
> Which of those handles WebDAV requests?
> How do I turn any of the above 'off' permentantly, without hacking z2.py
> or anything similar (which is nasty ;-)

Not sure about WebDAV (I guess try the following & see!), but in my startup
script I have:
exec /usr/local/Zope-2.2.4-linux2-x86/bin/python \
     $PYTHONHOME/z2.py \
     -X -w 8000 "$@"

-X : turn off all servers
-w : explicitly turn on http server on port 8000
I took out -D as it is a production server & after reading the last few
digests I'm going to add -Z, though Zope hasn't crashed once on me yet!

HTH

Ivan