[Zope] Another Zope E-Commerce Site Online

Bill Welch bill@carbonecho.com
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 23:54:20 +0000 (GMT)

Maybe you just looked at the catalog and didn't notice what's in the
checkout. Having spent the past month setting up a site with Etailer, I
would have to completely disagree with you. If Brad started with Etailer
(I suspect he did, the checkout sequence has an Etailer look), it would
have taken a lot of hard core programming, not graphical work, to get to
where he is in 5 days.

1) Etailer doesn't support separate billing and shipping addresses

2) ETailer doesn't support a shipping fee, much less shipping alternatives

3) Etailer doesn't do taxes.

Adding even one of the above features means touching a lot of python,
management dtml, and user dtml.

4) Etailer sorts options alphabetically.

5) Etailer uses the variable name as the label on forms, i.e. Firstname in
CheckOut. Makes for ugly shipping address vs billing address forms unless
you extend the required_properties code to support labels. More python,
management dtml, and user dtml.

Nothing wrong with Etailer, but there's a lot to Brad's site that Etailer
doesn't handle.

Bill.