[Zope] Another Zope E-Commerce Site Online

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 13:19:26 -0500

On 6 Dec 2000, at 19:51, Lee Hunter wrote:

> Site looks beautiful but I would *never* have guessed that it was an ecom
> site unless you told me.
>
> Even then it was just by accident that I clicked an image and came to a
> price and description. Maybe that's the part you were refering to as being
> in progress.
>
> Otherwise the site works great.

Thanks for your comments. I mentioned this to the site owner a few
weeks ago.. It takes too many clicks to get to buy something.

We're just now adding a "browse by products" page, which itself is still
a weak concept in my mind.

This is an object lesson.. leave plenty of time for usability testing. The
result of rushing the project to meet an ad publication date really shows
in many areas of the site, including transaction errors mentioned by
others.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements