[Zope] FW: [Zope] FTP for ZClass hierarchies

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 07:27:45 -0500

M. Adam Kendall" <mak@kha0s.org> wrote:

> ARGH.. Spoke too soon.. just figured out how to override it
> so it actually WILL let you get to methods of inner Zclasses.
> And yes, I have tried to save back to the methods and they
> save fine.. The next thing to try to tackle is how to make
> FTP create a DTML Method instead of DTML Document as the
> default when creating new files.

I just checked in a pair of features for 2.3a1 which make
it possible to hook the "figure out what kind of thing to create
when handling a PUT to a new object" strategy.

See the "hookable PUT creation fishbowl proposal",
  http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/HookablePUTCreation

> Hope this helps.
>
> > In the past few days I have been working on a patch that will
> > let you edit ZClasses via FTP without the need for typing in
> > actual pathnames to get to the methods (mainly so I can edit
> > ZClasses with HTML-Kit).  Strangely enough, even with the
> > modifications, I see this same thing.

Tres.