[Zope] acl_users glitch?

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 12:51:17 -0500

Anthony Monta wrote:

> Is anyone else running into this problem with 2.2.4?  I've created a role
> called "Faculty" that has all the powers of "Manager" except "Change
> Permissions."  However, when a user with this role tries to open an
> acl_users folder (say, in a subfolder) while using the management screen,
> there's a long delay... and then a message appears saying "There are no
> transactions that can be undone."  What could be the problem?

1) You have a lot of old transactions.  Zope scans through all
transactions, looking for something that can be undone from the given
context.  If there aren't any, it will end up scanning the entire
database.

2) The user is not allowed (because of security settings) to access the
other tabs normally available, so Zope shows you the first available
tab: undo.

This is not specific to 2.2.4.

Does this user have the correct permissions *in the context of the user
folder*?

Shane