[Zope] Lost with navigation using objectValues

Tim Cook twcook@iswt.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:20:34 -0600

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> Could it be an error in the calling code? I just say:
>
> <dtml-var navbar>

If the calling code is within a DTML Document, then yes. The DTML
Method is within the calling namespace.
You would need to set up the correct namespace first using
dtml-with or PARENTS[x] where x is the proper namespace level of
the aquisition tree (Jim Fulton is probably either laughing or
choking at my description but it works for those of us still
struggling <s>).

> [That's a problem I often have with Zope. Things which seems very
> basic suddenly become blocking problems.]

It's just that aq_ thing. :-)

-- Tim Cook, President --
Free Practice Management,Inc. | http://FreePM.com
Office: (901) 884-4126
Censorship: The reaction of the ignorant to freedom.