[Zope] stupid file upload question

Joh Johannsen jojo@farm9.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:21:56 -0800

OK, there is a How-To on that, which is helpful, by benno

But it says: "In you python external method you can now reference
REQUEST.form['attached_file'] as a normal file. You can
                      perform things such as read() on the object. "

Now in my Python external method, I can reference things like:

REQUEST.form['attached_file'].filename

and that is fine.

But what is the syntax for actually reading the file?  From the above
quote I thought it was as simple as
x=REQUEST.form['attached_file'].read()  but that doesn't work...

Either that or some way to get at the name of the file on the server.
The above 'filename' is just giving me the name of the file on the
client side, I have no idea where it is on the server.

Thanks,

JJ