[Zope] How to debug access denials?

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:43:08 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> I would expect "AccessContentsInformation" is relevant to
> access properties.
>
>  > ....

> I read from that, that you do not use DTML objects.
> For *them*, access to attributes is granted for the
> "View" permission.
> Apparently, this is not true for all objects.

Where can we get a mapping avout which permission is needed to do
something and what allows each permission depending on the object type ?
Is it in a doc somewhere ? Of course this is impossible to do for every
existing Zope product (near 250), but at least for the default installed
ones this would be wonderful.

IMHO the permissions is the most confusing part of Zope, and I'm not aware
of any clear and complete document on this subject. For example Chapter 6
of Michel and Amos Zope Book ("Users and Security") doesn't cover this (or
maybe I've not read it carefully).

feel free to send me any pointer to the doc.

bye,

Jerome Alet