[Zope] Generating HTML and SQL from results of Describe Table queries.

Lloyd Kvam lloyd@venix.com
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 19:50:37 -0500

I would like to generate the necessary DTML Documents and Z SQL Methods to
provide list, add, update, and delete capabilities for each table in a MySQL
database.  I know (in principle) how to parse the results of describe table
queires and create reasonable default files with the proper sql and html
content.

My next step is to move the html and sql into ZOPE.  T. J. Mannos has written
how to apply wrappers to html to turn them into DTML Documents.  I could not
find any equivalent description for Z SQL Methods.

Any pointers would be appriciated.  Has anyone done this already?  Would I be
smarter to try to do this directly in ZOPE rather than trying to build the
pieces outside of ZOPE and then import them?

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp.

voice: 603-443-6155