[Zope] new 2.2.4 security/role bug ?? (ZCatalog related ??)

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:01:16 -0500

> The second weird thing (should help for a diagnostic) is :
>
> While i have  "manager" role (i can do whatever i want on the manage
> interface), i tried to give a proxy role to my test method, to
> see if i could
> investigate further.
> And trying to change the proxy role raised an execption, despite
> the fact i
> have manager role with full autorisations.

Didier -

Note that 'Manager' does not automatically give you "full
authorization". It is only a convention that Manager often
has all permissions.

This is important, because in Zope 2.2, you can't give a
proxy role unless you have *that role* yourself. For example,
you can't give the proxy role "Editor" to a DTMLMethod unless
you have it yourself (this is true even if you have the "Manager"
role). The quick fix here is that you need to give yourself
the roles you want to set as proxy roles, and then you will be
allowed to set them.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909