[Zope] Zope's "." vs "_" unsolved issue (Re:To retrieve properties from a dtml document) document)

Ausum ausum@mail.cosapidata.com.pe
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:19:56 -0500

jpenny@universal-fasteners.com wrote:
> You still have given no cogent reason for using Zope.  If you have only,
> or predominatly static content, you are paying a huge overhead penalty.
> If you have mixed static content and dynamic content, use apache and
> ProxyPass to front-end the dynamic content, and apache to serve the
> static content.  Then you have no conversion worries at all on the
> static content.

Hello Jim,

I'm finding  myself greatly dissapointed that Zope doesn't have a
built-in
routine for this "." vs "_" problem.
Although it may not be a big issue if you remain in Zserver and Unix, it
is if we want the Zope's users base to keep growing, because we all
benefit from it. And this point is a sort of unpleasant barrier for
not-programmers Windows users like me.

Dreamweaver is great for layout and design, and for nothing else. In
despite of its templates and libraries and everything else, it would be
unclever to let the journalists and editors in charge of content
creation at my job, to open Dreamweaver and insert their stories in each
page, asking them to not forget to write the summary in the description
tag and the story title as the page title tag. :)

For the time being we can't afford a 3 Mb/s connection (our current
bandwith needs) so we must upload to a remote server almost two hundred
pages daily. And even when relying page updating on trainned personnel
exclusively, there's been this funny experience that the printed edition
releases before the digital one, meaning that we have to deal with this
gap between releases all the time.

So that's why we need Zope, and why we need to get over its behaviours.
Maybe it's time to throw the ball to Macromedia's ground. :)

Thanks again for your comments, Jim

Ausum