[Zope] Newbie: manage_changeProperties and wrong permission

Milos Prudek milos.prudek@worldonline.cz
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 01:43:56 +0100

I need to call manage_changeProperties but Zope refuses to accept my
authentication.

There's a "Fir" class with two subfolders ("cz" and "en"). The
subfolders contain identically named properties: lst_name and lst_text.
These properties are then displayed using simple acquisition:
http://...instance/cz/display and http://...instance/cz/display, where
"display" is a method of Fir class that calls <dtml-var lst_name>.
Simple.

To change the lst_name and lst_text properties thru the web, I created
simple form and a method within the Fir class. This is the
changeLST_form:

<dtml-if expr="REQUEST.has_key('lst_name_new')">
  <dtml-call
expr="manage_changeProperties(lst_name=REQUEST['lst_name_new'])">
  <h1>The property 'lst_name' has changed</h1>
<dtml-else>
  <h1>No properties were changed</h1>
</dtml-if>

<dtml-if expr="REQUEST.has_key('lst_text_new')">
  <dtml-call
expr="manage_changeProperties(lst_text=REQUEST['lst_text_new'])">
  <h1>The property 'lst_text' has changed</h1>
<dtml-else>
  <h1>No properties were changed</h1>
</dtml-if>

Unfortunately, authorization fails when this script is supposed to run:
"You are not authorized to access manage_changeProperties."

I'm running this script as a "manager" defined at Zope root, in other
words with the default setup. Normally I can do anything in Zope with
this authorization.

--
Milos Prudek