[Zope] LoginManager - logging out

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:00:47 +0100

>> reminded of a previous post in which someone suggested
>> http://garbage:xxxxx@yourSite would also clear the browser's credential.
>> Much faster and works in IE and Konqueror, but not Navigator or lynx. Very
>> easy to test, too.

>Its just not working for me.
>
>I am going to try  LoginManager + ZPatterns (hope it has a handy logout
>feature)

Remember to press shift+reload in IE, this nasty thing just takes
the cached pages otherwise.
About LoginManager and ZPatterns, they won't help you for the
Basic http-authentication. This is really a client-side problem.

And finally, I reread a previous mail of  yours:

>Thanks,
>
>I have tried it.
>
><dtml-raise type="Unauthorized">
>Logout!!
></dtml-raise>
>
>I guess it logs me out. But it also gives me a login dialog box .... it does
>not accept any of the account. So I cannot log back in! Why?

Just a quick guess, is it possible that you reenter your credentials and
just reload the page which contains the above code which again causes
an "Unauthorized" to be raised (and therefore causes the browser to
show the login-dialog again)?
Have you tried pointing your browser to another URI on that server?

cheers,
oliver