[Zope] zope, worldpilot, IMAP, POP...

Erik Enge erik+list@esol.no
21 Dec 2000 18:16:02 +0100

[marc lindahl]

| This looks great, but it seems to assume pre-existing individual mail (POP
| or IMAP) accounts.  I'm stuck on, how to create new email accounts when
| creating zope memberships, and keep the email accounts sync'd with the zope
| memberships (username and password).

Well, I don't think it would be too much hassle to add some
administrative functionality to keep them in sync (albeit, to be 100%
percent sure will hurt a lot - I guess).  I'm guessing that Morten is
already working on this.

On another note, I seem to recall seeing a ZMailIn product somewhere,
which allows you to mail directly to a Zope instance.  I don't know
where I saw it, but if you searched for five minutes on Zope.org I'm
almost sure you would find it :-).  Anyway, that could probably rid
you having to think about having files on the filesystem in sync with
objects within Zope, don't know how GUM would talk with it, tough.