[Zope] Reality check PYZOMA = python / zope for Mac ?

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 08:37:58 -0500 (EST)

Hi Jason,

Have you seen:   http://www.zope.org/Members/sspickle/MacOSXBHFS

Zope-2.3a1 runs with Python-1.5.2. I've run Zope-2.2.x on MacOSX
and it runs great. At some point someone with time, or a paying customer,
or both will get an Open Database (MySQL, PostegreSQL, ... ) running on
MacOSX and we'll have a full fledged solution. There is already a commercial
outfit selling MySQL stuff for MacOSX, so it's just a matter of time. ;-)

It will be interesting to see how Apple handles moving millions of
MacOS users to what is really a fundamentally different operating system
with unix under the hood....  but that's for a different mailing list. ;-)

-steve