[Zope] user property sheets

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 15:58:51 +0100

Hi Timothy !

Timothy Wilson wrote:
> I think I've settled on a ZClass approach. From looking through the
> ZDP-tools info (which looks great, but it probably overkill for what I'm
> trying to do),

The ZDP-Tools are rather simple and provide a generic framework for
content management.

> it looks like to created a folderish ZClass for
> Members.

The Members ZClass is the model, and there is also a MemberFolder Class
which is the Controller of the Member ZClass.

> Would you mind giving a very quick sketch of the structure of your
> ZClass(es)? That would probably give me quite a jumpstart.

In fact there is some documentation on the ZDP-Tools
available here:

http://zdp.zope.org/projects/zdptools/Drafts

I have started a howto on using the ZDP-Tools for a Weblog
here:

http://zdp.zope.org/projects/zdptools/Drafts/weblog/weblogmanual

It will also help to know about the law of demeter:

http://uzopia.editthispage.com/discuss/msgReader$24

> I've been following the PTK developments from a distance, and much of that
> looks really cool. Unfotunately, however, things are developing very slowly
> and I can't really wait any longer for it.

It was the same last year in december when I started the ZDP-Tools project :-)

I have some interesting stuff on this on my weblog:

http://uzopia.editthispage.com/discuss/msgReader$9

> My site is for a K-12 school district in the States. I'd like to create
> pages for teachers and administrators so they can share links, provide
> contact information, etc.

The ZDP-Tools are just perfect for this. Don't miss this article on
Uzopia:

http://uzopia.editthispage.com/discuss/msgReader$10

> Unfortunately, I'm trying to wade through all this
> stuff essentially on my own. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Tell me what additional information you need, and I may take
some time to write it down.

Best regards,

Maik Röder
--