[Zope] New install - no management screen?

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 12:13:59 +0100

On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 12:39:37AM -0800, Glenn Gillis wrote:
> After installing 2.2.4 on a Windows 2000 workstation to begin learning Zope
> I'm having trouble getting the management screen to display. When connecting
> to http://localhost:8080/manage I can log in successfully, created a new
> user with the "manager" role and get the tree (control panel, acl users,
> etc) in the left hand pane. But when selecting the root folder (whether
> logged in as the super user or the user I created) the right hand pane
> refuses to display anything but the "Welcome to Zope! Congratulations, your
> Zope is up and running..." page. I don't see anything similar to this
> problem in any other posts, FAQs, etc. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
> in advance,

Sounds like your user doesn't have the Manager role. Make sure it is
selected on the User property screen, not just listed. (The select box
lists available roles, not selected roles. Only when highlighted are they
actually selected for that user).

--
Martijn Pieters