[Zope] Zope/SuSE 6.x How-To v0.1 ready for review

Robb Shecter shecter@darmstadt.gmd.de
Tue, 01 Feb 2000 19:40:47 +0100

Jules wrote:

> You're very kind. Thank you. Please have a look at
>
>     http://www.zope.org/Members/jules/SuSE-6.3_html
>
> and let me know if anything is screwy with it.

One comment - you might want to tell people about the rctab(8) program, which
automates the building of links.  A bit less error prone than using a
particular number.  For example - your instructions fall into this trap:  You
seem to advise that zope get started last (22), which then means that it should
probably get killed first.  But, you have it getting killed last, too.

rctab automates this.  I found out about it from the README in /etc/rc.d.

> I can see with the way I call start is that if it fails, I don't know about
> it at boot. My script simply forks the zope start script and that will
> always return success.

Ah hah.  I was wondering about this, too - I use the "startproc"
script/program, and it doesn't seem to return valid return codes for zope.

Anybody else know how to do this?

- Robb