[Zope] Referencing a method in a folder (Simple question)

Jeff K. Hoffman jeff@goingv.com
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 13:00:30 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Borno Janekovic wrote:

> How can I reference a method in a deeper folder?
>
> I have a HTML-Document in witch I want to include
> a dtml-method "method" from the folder "down"
>
> If I write
> <dtml-var "down.method">
>
> I get the source in the page not the rendered code.

Try:

  <dtml-var "down.method()">

When calling method in an expression, you have to use parenthesis to
actually *call* the method, as opposed to just referencing it.

> What did I wrong?

Simple mistake, though it was asked (and answered) about two or three days
ago on this very list.

> Thanks for the help and sorry for the simple question

Hope this helps.

> Borno

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                                         704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                                mailto:jeff@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                                   http://www.goingv.com/