[Zope] Zope & search engine indexing...

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 13:29:09 -0500

Nope.

> I'm assuming that since a bot simply requests an URL (and
> "normal" URLs are
> one of Zope's strengths) that the bot will index the full page source
> assembled from the Zope object pieces by the server (the same
> source that
> would normally be rendered by the browser). Is this correct, or am I
> missing something?

Yeah, the problem is if the spider tries to follow links including their
query string (everything after the ?).  This can cause the server to
generate pages that may depend on each other and cause infinite loops,
each request having a different URL to the spider.

All the crawlers that I've ever heard of disregard anything after the
'?'.

-Michel