[Zope] Zope Sites and Info Needed to Convince Boss

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 10:06:00 -0500

Well, I think you can rule out at least #3 right away.

3.  We (digital creations) provide for-fee support on Zope.  A few other
companies do too.

as for the others:

on #1.  he's probably right at this point if we wants to hire in-house
help :-)  this will change, however.

on #2.  This is a strawman argument.  How many hits does your site get
in a peak hour?  If it's fewer than 13000, and your site is about as
dynamic as zope.org you can run it on a sub-$1200 P450.  we are serving
about 2 million hits a month on that box and gaining.

on #4.  I would have to agree that ASP is popular.  it's not materially
more simple than zope, however.