[Zope] ZClass Hierarchies

Robert W. Erb rerb@progress.com
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 15:45:40 -0500

<pre>

I want to create the following classes:

   Human
     Unregistered Human (base class Human)
     Registered Human (base class Human)
       Customer (base class Registered Human)
       Employee (base class Registered Human)
         Manager (base class Employee)

Following the ZClasses tutorial, I make a new product,
PeopleProduct.

Inside PeopleProduct, I create a ZClass for Human. It
seems like my Human ZClass is available as a base class
only inside PeopleProduct, so I add a ZClass for
Unregistered_Human there, based on Human. Following this
pattern, I end up with six new ZClasses all defined
in PeopleProduct.

Is this the way to do it? It appears suspiciously messy
to me.

BTW - Thanks to DC for a cool thing and this list for
the help it's been to a frustrated struggling newbie.

- Bob

</pre>