[Zope] RE: zope/style sheets

Sam Gendler sgendler@impossible.com
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 15:02:36 -0800

John Edstrom wrote:

> Thanks for the responses.  I suppose I was hoping that there was some
> sort of content negotiation thingy, like ACCEPT-CSS, available.  I'm
> thinking that the best solution would be to move it into javascript and
> let it choose which style sheet(s) to load.
>
> I know its not much of a CPU load, but the inefficiency of doing this
> song and dance with every page read annoys me.  Mebbe fiddling with the
> cookie from javascript before the page gets processed would work, at
> least for the session?

It is much better to have the CPU horsepower distributed across the thousands of
CPUs that will visit your site, rather than trying to have your single little
server trying to do the processing for all those users.  Think of it as a
cluster!!!

--sam

--
Sam Gendler
Chief Technology Officer - Impossible, Inc.