[Zope] Site access problem - inaccessible frpm admin screen

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Thu, 03 Feb 2000 07:41:40 +0800

I'm adding virtual servers to Zope using siteaccess
and the mod_proxy in Apache. I've set it up for one
site and it works perfectly - thanks to Evan for
a great product and to Anser for a superb How-to
(http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver)

However, creating a second folder with a SiteRoot
is giving very strange problems. As soon as the
SiteRoot is added, I can not access the folder
within the management screens. Clicking on it
causes Netscape's status bar to display
"Host www.xxxx.com contacted. Waiting for reply...."
repeatedly, flickering/twitching as if it's trying
to do it repeatedly.  I never succeeds.

However, from the end user's perspective, the virtual
host works perfectly - the site is accessible and
the virtual server works.

Has anybody else seen similar problems trying to access
a folder with a SiteRoot in the admin interface ?
This isn't a 'permission denied' problem ... I just
don't get anything returned from the server.

Thank you very much in advance,

chas

ps. configuration steps :

1. Set up apache's mod_proxy and create the proxy_pass
   directives for 2 domains :

   <VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
   ServerName www.domainA.com
   ProxyPass / http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/A/
   ProxyPassReverse / http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/A/
   </VirtualHost>

   <VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
   ServerName www.domainB.com
   ProxyPass / http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/B/
   ProxyPassReverse / http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/B/
   </VirtualHost>

2. create a folder : /A
   place  a SiteRoot in /A
   base = http://www.domainA.com
   path = /

   Restart apache and this works fine. The site contained in
   the zope folder /A is viewable as www.domainA.com and it
   can be accessed via the administration interface.

3. create a folder : /B
   place  a SiteRoot in /B
   base = http://www.domainB.com
   path = /

   After creating the SiteRoot, the folder /B is inaccessible
   via the admin screens though the virtual server IS
   acceseible from the web.