[Zope] Overriding traversal

Jacob Gorm Hansen jg@ioi.dk
Thu, 03 Feb 2000 16:02:45 +0100

The tabs seem to have been deleted, I'll try posting with spaces
instead:

Folder1
        myObject
myProduct
        <nothing here>

I've discovered that overriding tpValues makes it easy to manipulate the
tree, but that does not make the objects reachable by the ORB as e.g.
myProduct/myObject.

Evan Simpson wrote:

> Is myObject a sibling of myProduct?  You can return 'self.myObject' from
> __bobo_traverse__, but then it will just act like another copy of myObject
> and will be difficult to manage unless you do some contortions.
>
> What are the circumstances under which you want to do this?  Why?

I need a reference subtree with a lot folders of text and sound in
English (the Model), and a number of "virtual subtrees (Views)
reflecting the same data, except in other languages. In this way I can
assign different logins to translators world wide, and let them all
manipulate the relevant aspects of the Model, as permitted by their
personal View.

I could do this without Zope, but I'd really like to try it out on
something like this.

Best,
Jacob