[Zope] Zserver: IP address based authorization?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 15:20:37 +0000

At 1:15 pm +0100 3/2/00, Robb Shecter wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm new to Zope and haven't figured out how to allow only a specifed
>set of IP addresses or hostnames access to a folder.
>
>I assume that the "domains" attribute of anonymous user permissions
>could maybe be used here somehow?  I haven't seen any documentation
>this attribute.

Essentially yes. Set the password to blank and put the IP addresses
you want to provide access to  in the domains box. Change the role to
be 'Owner' or something and turn off 'Acquire Permissions' and 'View'
for the index_html DTML in the target folder. Make the index_html
DTML have 'View' permission for the role you've set up. That should
do it.

There's also some messages lurking in the archives on this issue.
tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2