[Zope] Zcatalog and random numerical key error

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
3 Feb 2000 20:45:58 GMT

On 3 Feb 2000 11:30:01 -0600, Michel Pelletier wrote:
>> Error type:  ValueError
>> Error value: Uncatalog of absent id 'utips'
[...]
>> How do I get around the problem of 'uncataloging' a catalog id that
>> doesn't exist when I want to update a catalog-aware instance?
>
>Raising an error when uncataloging an absent id was not the proper thing
>to do, so I removed it in CVS, in fact I believe 2.1.3 has this fixed.

I'm already running:
Zope version: Zope 2.1.3 (binary release, python 1.5.2, solaris-2.6-sparc)
Which didn't fix the problem. However here's a little more info.

I had already tried replacing the :
	    raise ValueError, "Uncatalog of absent id %s" % `uid`
in line 373 in Catalog.py with a pass/else before I did an "Update
Catalog". I got some other error which I didn't keep and don't
remember. I just now redid the changes in order to include the
subsequent error message, and the thing works now... So I suspect
it took both the 'update catalog' and removing the error message
to allow it to work.

Thanks for convincing me to try it again. :^)