[Zope] Solved it. <relief> ... Nightmare - Locked myself out.

Jochen Haeberle listen@MIDRAS.de
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 23:43:52 +0100

At 14:50 Uhr -0600 03.02.2000, Evan Simpson wrote:
> [...]

Xen is a product, it's a project manager, available from
<http://bits.netizen.com.au/Xen/> it's in beta stage and some Zope
internals get patched.

I have Zope running on ZServer at 8080, a Xen-Instance with ID Xen
in the root folder.
In Xen, I have a SiteRoot I cannot show you as it is unreachable.
For VirtualHosting I set up a CNAME for Xen.machine.name.
In my site root I have the following Access rule:

<dtml-if "_.string.split(_.string.split(_.string.upper(HTTP_HOST),
':')[0], '.')==['XEN','HAEBERLE', 'NET']">
	<dtml-call "REQUEST.path.append('Xen')">
</dtml-if >

This is directly derived from the example on VirtualHosting from The
SiteAccess Pages. I added the string.upper, because ip-names are not
case sensitive.

>Can you get in with
>http://your.machine.name:8080/__no_before_traverse__/manage?  Did you put

As said before - no. I can get into the main server with no problem
at all, just not into the Xen fodler any more. So the above works
(even without the __no_before_traverse__) but
http://your.machine.name:8080/__no_before_traverse__/Xen/manage does
not.

>anything in your Access Rule which tries to acquire or access other Zope
>objects? (If so, it needs a Proxy role).

No, as I said I just started out with it and was using the example
code (see above)

I think my problem is with the SiteRoot, but I can't get access to
it. It is not too problematic for me, as I was just playing around -
I could just delete the Xen instance and start over :-)
But using SiteAccess defenitely has it's dangers...

Jochen