[Zope] Hooking Zope into Apache - please read

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri, 04 Feb 2000 13:53:57 +0100

Hi all,

No, this is not a question on how to do it. All the how-to's available
clearly explain this... it just an informational question and I hope
somebody can give me a straight answer.

In reading Jeff Shelton's Python conference summaries (by the way, thanks
Jeff for doing this! Now, people who're not able (because of their job,
...) to go to this conference can still pick something up! Great!) I read
the following :

In Jim's opinion, the "preferred way" to hook into Apache will soon become
FastCGI rather than PCGI.

Well, I can understand that FastCGI is better than PCGI, but I read (and
implemented) a how-to of anser (Using Apache with ZServer (Not Zope cgi))
in which he explains the use of ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse.
Well, this mehtod looks to me really handy. You use all the positive
things, because you can use Apache, but also the fast ZServer.

So, now, you'll understand that I'm a little bit confused. What is now the
best way ... using FastCGI or ProxyPass....? What are the differences
between the two? What are the pro's and con's?

Regards, Tom.