[Zope] Newbie: Create items in Zope from external form?

Chip Vanek chip@upcast.com
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 10:38:20 -0800

Hi,

I have a simple question (I hope;)

How do you create a DTML method item in Zope from an
external form?

I would like to allow users to create items in their home Zope folder using
a post form from without logging into Zope first.  The form itself could be
served from the Zope server.  I know that you can pass the login information
in the URL but, what should the the DTML
method look like to take variables from the posting form and writing a new
DTML method in the users home folder?

I would like to create a form and post to URL like below and get back a
confirmation message from Zope that it worked OK.

http://host.dom.com:8080/Members/user/createItem?__ac_name=uname&__ac_passwo
rd=pwd

Thanks for any pointers you provide.

I have read all of the documentation on Zope.org, understand a fraction of
it and have a site up and running.  The mailing lists have been great to
work through other problems I had but specific pointer would help now.

Chip Vanek
e-Mail: chip@upcast.com
Office: 650-625-8929