[Zope] acquisition in the Product hierarchy?

Darran Edmundson Darran.Edmundson@anu.edu.au
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 11:15:31 +1100

Consider the following.  I have 2 ZClasses (n1 and n2) nested
within a container Zclass (c) created within a product (p).
My addForms for n1 and n2 (call them a1 and a2) are quite
complicated but share a lot of code.  The obvious solution?
Move this duplicated code to a single DTML method (call it
shared) and use acquisition to give a1 and a2 access to this
code snippet.

Just to make sure we have the same mental picture, here's
the hierarchy (where indentation implies what children are
visible when "clicking" on the parent):

Zope Root
   Control Panel
      Products
               n1
               n2
               a1
               a2
               shared

If c was a folder outside the Product hierarchy, then
adding shared in the location shown *would* give a1
and a2 access via acquisition.  However, within the
Product hierarchy, it doesn't.  a1 and a2 only acquire
shared if I move it up to the level of "c".

Why is this?  Am I missing something obvious?  Just when
I think I am coming to grips with Zope ...

Cheers,
Darran.