[Zope] Can Zope extract an image (BLOB) from an RDB ?

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 07 Feb 2000 02:25:35 -0500

I've never done it, and it's not well-documented (ie. I have no idea if
it really works), but I believe the Oracle DA can retrieve BLOBS... Here
the CHANGES.txt file from ZOracleDA:

Z Oracle DA Releases

  2.2.0

    Added a small feature that allows you to access LOBs in the Oracle
    database.  To do this, you must have your maximum number of
    results set to '1'.  Otherwise, it won't work.

    In addition, several bugs were resolved.

  2.1.0

    Based on DCOracle new release that fixes many outstanding bugs.
    In addition, it is now integrated with the Zope2 transaction
    system.

  2.0.0

    This is the first version of the database adapter using DCOracle
    for Zope.  This database adapter is based on an earlier database
    adapter for Principia, which is why this is revision 2.