[Zope] Please share answers here

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Mon, 07 Feb 2000 16:34:12 -0600

"Tom Neff" <tneff@bigfoot.com> opined:

> > ps: please answer via private mail, i cant follow the list because the
> > disk of the mailserver im using is full since 2 days :(
>
> Those of you with answers to these questions, PLEASE don't only answer them
> in private email, even if that's what the questioner thinks they want.  We
> are all reading the Q&A and learning, so please at least Cc to the list.  In
> the case of the questions from bertl, the answers look like they'd be
> extremely useful, so it's quite annoying to wonder whether we'll ever see
> them.

I'd go further:  unless you have a really compelling reason (like a security
hole), asking for help on a list without being willing to subscribe to it (in
digest, if you like) is rude.  Among other problems (like "my bandwidth is more
important than yours, even though I'm the one asking for help"), if you don't
read the list, you'll likely miss the three times this week your question was
answered.

Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com