[Zope] Re: selection list problem in ZClass's addForm

Darran Edmundson Darran.Edmundson@anu.edu.au
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:47:52 +1100

>> My problem is that the user's choice is not getting set
>> properly by the class's constructor.  The following is
>> the relevent snippet from my addForm:>
>>  <SELECT NAME="Degree"><dtml-in DegreeTypes>
>>     <OPTION VALUE="<dtml-var sequence-index>"><dtml-var
>> sequence-item></OPTION>>  </dtml-in></SELECT>

>The way I've done this, which I think is similar to how Zope's
>propertysheet stuff does it is like this:
>  <option value="<dtml-var sequence-index>"<dtml-if "Degree ==
>   _['sequence-index']"> selected</dtml-if>>

> Everything else you've got is the same... just change that
> option tag...

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply but could you possibly explain what to
change?  Except for the "selected" tag which is only used
to preset the selection choice, everything seems to be the same.
Can you confirm that your DegreeTypes property is of type "lines"
and simply consists of carriage-return-separated text?
Any help would be much appreciated - I can't take my site live
until I get these forms working.

Cheers,
Darran.