[Zope] URL Substitution.

Alexandre A. Rodioukov simuran@home.com
07 Feb 2000 16:23:31 -0700

Hi fellow Zope hackers.

I'm quite a beginner in Zope and probably for some of you my question
would be very easy to answer :) I'm looking for a way to embed a
foreign (on different URL) document into the results of DTML
rendering. For example I want to include LinuxToday headlines on my
site and they do provide an HTML with their news headers. All I should do
is to actually tell Zope to somehow render URL to this document as it
were native document object. I would like to know, if there are any ways to
perform such a thing without writing external method that will fetch
the file over HTTP and return results.

I'm also very curious what kind of development tools people use do
develop DTML, 'cause right now I'm fighting with Emacs/PSGML, I've
also used HomeSite previously, but Linux is a platform of choice :))

With kind regards,
Alexandre.