[Zope] Bug in <dtml-comment> ?

Christopher J. Kucera ckucera@globalcrossing.com
Mon, 07 Feb 2000 17:35:52 -0600

I've discovered that the following does not work:

<dtml-comment>
  <dtml-let thisvariable="'some string'">
</dtml-comment>
     Some text that used to be inside a dtml-let tag . . .
<dtml-comment>
  </dtml-let>
</dtml-comment>

This is the error I get upon clicking "Change":

>  Document Template Parse Error
>
>  unexpected end tag, for tag </dtml-comment>

What's happening is that *within* the dtml-comment tags, Zope is
keeping track of the dtml-let tag, and won't let me continue until
I close the dtml-let *inside* of the comment.

I would expect that anything inside a <dtml-comment> would be
ignored by Zope . . .  Is this a bug, or is this an intentional
behaviour I don't understand?

Thanks,
CJ