[Zope] Zope+ZServer+data on CDROM

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 08:52:53 -0500

> Is it possible to run an Zope application directly on a CDROM?
> I mean with Zope+ZServer+Zope-Products+date on the CDROM
> without install all this stuff on the hard disk of the user.
> I read somethings about this on the mailing list but I cannot
> rediscover ...

If EVERYTHING you need can be put on the CD-ROM (typically this
disqualifies relation databases other than gadfly) you can -- in fact,
the CD we produced for the Zope Track at the Python conference contained
demo binaries for Win32 and Linux.  The demo app contained all of the
Zope lists messages in a ZCatalog-searchable index...  Pretty cool.

Jens Vagelpohl here (mailto:jens@digicool.com) worked on that project
and might be able to offer some tips.

--Rob