[Zope] What happened to Tabula? Aqueduct?

Bob Graw Bob@PROSYSenterprises.com
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 09:16:26 -0500

A long time ago, (probably in a galaxy far, far away), I looked at Zope
(versions 1.x). And, I have finally recognized the errors of my ways and
have returned. So, in my re-learning curve, I was going through the various
"guides" and the quick start.

The quick start has the following section under Application Development:

>Programming Data with Tabula
>
>Zope enables "stupid" data to become smart. Aqueduct gives smarts to
relational data, >Tabula gives it to desktop-based data (such as DBF
files). While Aqueduct's data is >external to Zope, Tabula brings its data
inside. Besides speedy searches and flexible >reports, Tabula adds
intelligence to its data through computed fields, hierarchies and
>acquisition, plus all the features of DTML Scripting, especially direct
querying.

So, the question is ... "What happened to Tabula?" Did the name change? Is
it embedded somewhere in Zope? I think Aqueduct became the ZODBC Adapter.
It turns out that I would love to be able to access "desktop-based data
(such as DBF files)."

My platform will be Linux. (If it was Windows, I could probably just use
the ZODBC stuff.) I have found at least one Python module to access DBF
files. But, if there is a Zope oriented solution, that would obviously be
better.

Thanks,
Bob

Bob Graw