[Zope] How do YOU enter content?

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 12:01:04 -0600

I personally just write the raw dtml/html code in the Zope management interface, but that is me (I have a knack for languages,
spoken and computer, - had military training in 2 (Vietnamese and Russian) and have picked up a bagful of computer languages over
the years. HTML, JavaScript, Zope(DTML) and Python being the latest)

I have tried using a GUI to design a page and then convert it to DTML manually, but I have found that most GUIs produce really "fat"
code and don't like it.

JIm
----- Original Message -----
From: danny shevitz <danny_shevitz@yahoo.com>
To: zope <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2000 11:08 AM
Subject: [Zope] How do YOU enter content?

I would like to get some opinions on the best way to design a web site
using Zope. I don't mean the part about factoring content and general
design principles. What I'd like is how people sit down and do it. Do
you type DTML? Do you work in a webpage designing suite then write out
the HTML and switch the relevant stuff to DTML? If so, which suite do
you use? Do you have any other pearls of wisdom which took a long time
to discover but you can't seem to live without now?

I'm about to design my first major website from scratch and would like
to know. A little advice up front can save me a lot of trial and error
down the road.

I realize this is a little nebulous, but any advice would be
appreciated

thanks,
Danny