[Zope] Using CC with MailHost

Sam Gendler sgendler@impossible.com
Wed, 09 Feb 2000 15:29:33 -0800

The To, From and Subject headers are Mime headers, rather than smtp (the mail
sending protocol) headers.  The <dtml-sendmail> tag is just parsing those mime
headers and generating smtp headers as a courtesy to the user.  If you look at
the documentation for the sendmail tag, it includes the mailto and the mailfrom
modifiers.  Those are the real smtp headers.  SMTP does not have the concept of
CC (or bcc), since a message is just delivered or not.  Unfortunately, I have
been unable to figure out a way to set the mailto and mailfrom modifiers
programmatically.  If you can figure that out (if it is possible at all), then
you are on your way.

--sam