[Zope] External methods calling ZSQl methods

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Wed, 09 Feb 2000 15:33:05 -0800

I've read (and am following) the HOW-To, but I seem to be missing
something.  I have a ZSQL method called GatCat which reads:

  SELECT *
  FROM Categories
  WHERE <dtml-sqltest CatID type=int>

My external method reads (in part):

  def CategoryPath (self, baseURL, catID):
    div = " / "

    catPath = ""
    while (catID != 0):
      results=self.GetCat (CatID=int(catID))
      ...lotsa boring logic in here...

    return catPath

When I attempt to call this external method from a DTML method as
so:

  <dtml-var "CategoryPath('http://www.kanga.nu/', 1)">

I get the following error:

  The database connection Library_database_connection cannot be found.

GetCat works fine when tested by itself as well as when called from
DTML methods by anonymous users (ie the permissions seem fine).

What am I missing?

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu