[Zope] ZServer breakage wrt HTTP - 2.1.3

Brett Morgan brett@pulse.itd.uts.edu.au
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 02:04:38 +1100

I am playing with ZopeStudio on a stoke Zope 2.1.3 build (wo_pcgi)
running ZServer on port 8080. It don't work. I uncomented the
debugging dump at the top of the zopestudio.js file in the chrome and
noticed that the server was just sending out 25 pings for the two rdf
files it wants. I retreived them without a hitch from within netscape
4, but mozilla can't even get the main page from zope.

So here's a theory:
ZServer can't grok http 1.0 compliant request thus:

[brett@localhost brett]$ telnet localhost 8080
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET http://localhost:8080/ HTTP/1.0
host: localhost:8080

HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found
Server: Medusa/1.13
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 15:04:23 GMT

<head>
<title>Error response</title>
</head>
<h1>Error response</h1>
Connection closed by foreign host.

But lives fine with this slacker http:
[brett@localhost brett]$ telnet localhost 8080
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /

HTTP/None 200 OK
Server: Zope/Zope 2.1.3 (source release, python 1.5.2, linux2)
ZServer/1.1b1