[Zope] Stupid User Access Question

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:59:18 -0500

I have some confusion over how to build a web site in Zope which allows
people to access the site either as a "normal" web site, or to access it
for the purpose of maintenance.  An example of this might be something like
zope.org.  I can visit www.zope.org and never be prompted for a
password.  I can visit all "public" sections without seeing a prompt.  Yet
I know that there is a management interface underneath.  How is this
handled?  Another thing I would like to do (I think) is establish a
"registered" user type.  A registered user would be able to see more
content than just the home page.  When an attempt is made to access a
"registered user" page by an unregistered user, I want to display a login
page rather than a basic auth dialog.  Can I do something like this with a
Generic User Folder?

Thanks

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html