[Zope] https and ZClient

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 12:44:57 -0500

From: Petru Paler <ppetru@coltronix.com>

From: Jim Sanford [mailto:jsanford@atinucleus.com]
> So are you saying that although Zope cannot serve SSL it can
> be a SSL client?
>
> I have a situation where I am using zclient to try and
> retrieve a Word Document fromr corporate extranet via https.
> I get an error.

I think Petru meant that you cannot use ZClient as a SSL client. Indeed,
you can't. I believe that libraries like OpenSSL do include command line
clients though.

You can also have a look at M2Crypto, a Python SSL library build on
OpenSSL, which includes SSL extensions to the standard Python HTTP
client libraries. You can download it from:

  http://mars.post1.com/home/ngps/m2/

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149