[Zope] ZLogger under Windows NT?

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 13:16:53 -0500

At 01:01 PM 2/14/00 -0500, Martijn Pieters wrote:
>From: James W. Howe [mailto:jwh@allencreek.com]
> >
> > I'm trying to track down why things aren't working in my Zope/Python
> > code.  [...] Can someone give me some more detailed information on
> > how to get ZLogger to work under Windows NT?
>
>STUPID_FILE_LOGGER is a typo. It should be STUPID_LOG_FILE.
>[...]

I figured that out about the time I received your message. :-)  I've now
got logging working but I've run into a new problem and I don't know
whether it represents a bug in ZLogger, the code I'm trying to test, or not
a bug at all.

The problem I have is that one of the LOG statements that I'm using is
causing a "call of non-function (type file)" error in Zope.  The code is
failing on line 99 of stupidFileLogger.py.  My LOG code looks like this:

             LOG('GUF',ERROR, 'An exception was raised by %s' \
                 % self.userList.absolute_url(),'',exc_info())

The code causing the traceback from stupidFileLogger.py is:

             _stupid_dest("%s: %s\n" % error[:2])

I'm not a Python expert, but what I assume is happening is that this
statement is failing, and since it wasn't in a try block, the standard
ZPublisher error handler gets invoked which yields my "Zope Error"
page.  Is this correct?  If so, why does this line fail and is this a
general bug with ZLogger?

Thanks.

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html