[Zope] PARENTS

Pedro Silva Pedro Silva" <pedro.silva@ruido-visual.pt
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 18:47:20 -0000

Hi there,

Idon't understand very well the PARENTS, but I know that I have to use them
in my case.
What I want to do is, something like the following example:

        Group1
            Sub1    ==> link to msg
            Sub2    ==> link to msg

        Group2
            Sub1    ==> link to msg
            Sub2    ==> link to msg

        When I click in one of these links, it will show the msg page. In
here I have to know which link was clicked to can display the information of
that link.                     Something like this:

        Group1 - Sub1
            Messages:
                1 - message #1
                2 - message #2

        Or

        Group1 - Sub2
            Messages:
                1 - message #1
                2 - message #2

        One of this examples will show up, in the first if we had clicked in
Group1 Sub1 link and in the second, if we had clicked in Group1 Sub2. And so
on.

To do this I know that I will have to use the parents to know which link was
clicked, but I don't know how.

Can anyone help me? Please send you answers to: psilva@ruido-visual.pt

Thanks,

Pedro