[Zope] Re: GenericUserFolder Exception

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 08:58:11 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, James W. Howe wrote:

> In trying to figure out why I'm having trouble with GenericUserFolder, I
> finally got some useful information.  When I try and display the userList,
> I'm actually getting an exception inside of GUF.  The exception occurs on
> this line (137) of code from genericUserFolder.py:
>
> data = self.userList.im_func(self,self.REQUEST)

The version you are using has been patched by someone. The release
version doesn't use im_func (which I think is a PythonMethod-ism).

> The exception is an attribute error on im_func.  Since I assume that this
> code must work in some environments I'm wondering if I just don't have
> something configured correctly.  I'm still poking around trying to figure
> this stuff out and if I gain any more insight I will pass it along.  In the
> meantime, if anyone has run into this problem before and knows how to
> correct the situation, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Try changing the line to the following:

    data = self.userList(self,self.REQUEST)

Alternativly, if you arn't running in production mode you could
download the latest version and try that.

--
 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au